Monday, April 12, 2010

Finding my mommy groove

I think I may have finally found my groove as a stay-at-home-mom in the past week or so.

I don't know if it has to do with starting to whip myself back into shape with Booty Camp two nights a week or if my daughter has gotten easier to handle (yeah right!) or if I just have finally relaxed into it, but I'm starting to feel good and it's showing in my attitude and around the house.

My neat-freak tendencies are coming to the surface again and I've begun to wrestle with getting the house back in order and feeling like I can look after things at home, the dog and my daughter and even have dinner ready when my husband comes home. I am in a huge de-cluttering mood and every bag that I fill to give away, throw out or recycle makes me feel that much lighter and happier.

I have been looking a bit at the Fly Lady website for motivation, cleaning and organizational ideas, though often I find that I'm already doing what the website suggests.

Sure, Anika doesn't always let me finish what I've started and her naps are fairly haphazard, but she's getting more and more independent and that allows me to pop downstairs quickly to finish the laundry, unload the dishwasher and clean bits and pieces of the house whenever I have a few minutes.

I just realized that I it may look as though I have equated feeling like a successful mom with being able to keep the house clean. Really? It's more than that. It's that I'm starting to feel like myself again, like I can get what I want to get done done and feel accomplished, all the while enjoying my little daughter to the fullest. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment