Sunday, May 2, 2010

So many things on my mind...

I've been up to a lot lately, but just haven't found the time to write about it and now I feel as though there are so many things circling around in my head that it will have to be laid out in point form:

-Finishing up my 4 week Booty Camp class (ended this past Thursday)
-Spring cleaning and de-cluttering (going well, but ongoing)
-Buying way too much online, including many many cloth diapers that I am very excited to receive!
-Organizing all my photos on my computer via Picasa (what a powerful program!)
-Getting ready for a street-wide garage sale 2 weekends from now
-Buying our first ever bedroom set that arrives next weekend. :)
-Watching and being continually amazed at how quickly Anika is growing and learning new skills (she's learning to sit and starting to giggle more frequently).

Meanwhile, there are some family stresses in my extended family:
- My step-father is having a pretty big operation this Thursday down in Australia and I wish I could be there for my mom
- My grandfather is undergoing heart issues and the family is not sure what to do with him - if he should be moved into a long-term care facility, hospice at home, undergo another surgery (he's 93). He lives in Northern California, so I can't very well help out out there either.
- I haven't seen my father in well over a month or two and he doesn't seem to really be trying to see us or Anika (he's seen her maybe 5 or 6 times since she was born), even though he does live in town.
- My in-laws are out of town for a month and I'm realizing how much we depend on them day-to-day for help with Anika, help around the house and just general family socializing.

Add to all this that I got a head cold last Thursday and I feel totally exhausted, though surprisingly motivated to continue with all the de-cluttering and spring cleaning.

I'm also feeling drawn to taking up jewelry making again even though it's been over a year now that I sat down to make anything.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your family troubles. I hope it all works out well :) Jack is starting to giggle a lot too, and is almost sitting up. We still have to watch him for when he topples over!

    ReplyDelete